The AMR cross-council initiative has launched a new call under theme 2 – “Accelerating therapeutic and diagnostic development”.
MRC, BBSRC, EPSRC, and ESRC are supporting this call and the MRC is managing it on behalf of the funding partners.
The focus of the call is to:
- Refresh the pipeline for human and animal antibiotics;
- Develop new non-drug based treatments for bacterial infections (vaccines, immunotherapies, probiotics, prebiotics, phages, amongst others);
- Improve the efficacy of existing drugs through effective dosing strategies to minimise development of resistance and/or develop more targeted delivery methods;
- Accelerate the scale-up and manufacture of novel antibiotics and vaccines;
- Underpin the development of rapid, point of care diagnostics to enable the most appropriate therapy/intervention to be chosen;
- Develop innovative diagnostics data linkages for community settings to monitor spread; and
- Consider the real world issues that will affect the development and utilisation of new treatments and diagnostics
Partnership between industry and academia is actively encouraged under this initiative.
The call has two funding modes:
- Collaborative grants – ~£3m each for 4-5 years, multidisciplinary in nature across more than one research organisation
- Innovative grants – ~£200k each over 12-24 months, highly innovative, high risk/high gain
Deadline for submission is 4 June 2015.
Please circulate widely to your communities and direct them to this webpage:
MRC: Ghada Zoubiane / Ruth Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org
BBSRC: Sian Rowland: email@example.com
EPSRC: Victoria Marlow: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESRC: Naomi Beaumont: Naomi.Beaumont@esrc.ac.uk